Wednesday, July 10, 2013

First blog post to write

Hello there!

My name is Mari Posa... if you didn't know, Mariposa means Butterfly in Spanish. =) 

I am somewhat new to the online world of writing but I am eager to finally dive in! I am excited to find out what opportunities await me and what new things I will learn from my fellow writers! 
I made a twitter account too!

I consider myself a dreamer. I'm constantly finding my head overcrowded with thoughts that push and shove their way in and then vie for my attention. 


I am here to share my adventure in publishing my up and coming novel Clipped Wings... it's still very far out, in fact, not even finished yet. But before I even think about publishing that, I'm first going to be taking you along with me as I work to publish my book of poems, If I Could Fly Away. 

These are all from a journal of mine that I found, I wrote them all when I was a teenager, recovering from the darkest period in my life. The poem for which the collection is named, I wrote before my mother's death, while I was still in a very dark and scary place for a young child. I don't remember the exact age I was when I wrote this poem, but it is profound for me now, as I look back on a life that seems almost a dream. 

If I Could Fly Away

If I could fly away,
To a place where the trees whisper a not so solemn song
In the morning, crisp light of dawn.
Whisper, whisper your beautiful song
Pierce through the night, to the morning light.
While my dreams take flight they whisper
Whisper, wonder, sing a song.
Keep me warm until the break of dawn.

Clipped Wings is about my life before adoption and the poems in If I Could Fly Away were written over a wide span of time... about ten years. I feel shy about posting this. But I've waited far too long to go after my dreams as it is, my wings are no longer clipped. It's time to fly.

Mari.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I found you through your Twitter post. I hope you'll check out my blog at http://changeitupediting.com, where I post articles about writing and publishing. Best of luck with your writing, and let me know if I can ever be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog =)

      Delete