Tuesday, July 23, 2013

News, updates and removing tough stains from stainless steel.

Good morning lovely people!

I've been working on a new work in progress, it's a fiction story! I can't wait to share it with you when I've got more if it complete. Wouldn't want to share it while it is still so messy.

Speaking of messy, have you ever burned the bottom of a stainless steel pan while boiling something? It's pretty gross! Yesterday I was boiling an artichoke, one of my absolute favorite lunchtime treats, when suddenly I smelled the pungent aroma of a burning pan. I had gotten distracted writing and it boiled all the way down!

I gazed into the bottom of my burned pan and thought "This is going to need to be thrown away."



So sad because I seriously love that stainless steel pan! Luckily, I'm really into those natural home remedies pages so I've got a ton of them bookmarked. Well I pulled one up and to my fortune, found a solution! I'm going to share with you how to remove burn stains from stainless steel in three easy steps.

First, fill that burned pot up with an inch of water.

Then, put it on to boil (but don't forget about it again! lol) with some orange peel pieces inside.

After the water has come to a boil remove from heat

Use a wooden spoon to take the orange side of the orange peel to scrub the burnt matter from the pan.


Finally empty, rinse and add a dash of baking soda, and a splash of water.


Use a soft scrubbing sponge to work the baking soda over your brand new looking stainless steel pot or pan. Scrub it in a gentle circular motion and watch it do it's magic!






The end result? Good as new!













Well that's all for now, I'm off to spend the day writing.... again =)

Happy Tuesday!
Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment