Saturday, July 13, 2013

If I Could Fly Away

Planning a day of fun in the sun, but before I head off to my weekend I thought I'd share an excerpt from my newly published book of poetry. (Free 7/15-19)

I hope you'll enjoy it and have a lovely weekend!

Amazon Description:
This is a collection of poems. Written by the adolescent daughter of a substance abuser. 
Warning: Strong language, trigger warning for anyone who has been in a similar situation.
Excerpt:


If I Could Fly Away

If I could fly away,
To a place where the trees whisper a not so solemn song
In the morning, crisp light of dawn.
Whisper, whisper your beautiful song
Pierce through the night, to the morning light.
While my dreams take flight they whisper
Whisper, wonder, sing a song.
Keep me warm until the break of dawn.



Dear Reader,
This collection of poetry was written over a span of about ten years. They range from poems written by a little girl aged nine years, to a young woman of eighteen. 
They are not in chronological order, they aren't labeled with dates. Most of my writing was lost over time. 
...

The poems I’ve selected I did so with care, I feel they express from a child, or adolescent perspective what being the child of an addict can feel like. The only changes to these poems I’ve made are spelling errors and formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment