Friday, July 12, 2013

Last night I dreamed of water

I had a dream last night that I was on a ship, on the vast dark ocean. There were strange creatures swimming all around me and I couldn't make out if they wanted to harm me, or to help me. There was a raging storm and it sent salty water into my face, burning my eyes and blurring my vision.

When I woke up my husband was kissing me goodbye before leaving for work. These restless nights make my days drag on. I wish for sleep, deep, refreshing sleep! Maybe tonight I'll be sure to drink some tea and take a nice hot lavender bath before bed.

Yesterday was strange, I virtually walked the streets I grew up on, all from my computer at home. It was weird to see all those places again, they look the same, but different. I can't believe that house is still blue.. I can't believe that liquor store is still on Peoria street... There's the school I went to... that's the bus stop I waited at... 

It was like stepping back in time. Back to 13 years ago.

Seeing those familiar places opened up a well and I wrote nearly twelve hundred words. I hope I can make it to a thousand today, that's my goal anyway. Maybe I'll pass it again =)

I'm adding the final finishing touches to If I Could Fly Away today and hopefully I can publish it soon =) so exciting!

I joined triberr and twitter, so far I've got some follows on twitter and am finding some successful authors that are so inspiring! 

I am so grateful for the encouragement I've been getting, it's so welcoming and helps me in this strange process! I need to get on to writing some fiction to distract my tired mind =)

I hope everyone has a fun safe weekend!
Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment